Welcome to the 2nd ACM International Conference on
Multimedia in Asia.
The ACM Multimedia Asia, puts together the long-lasting experience of former PCM and ICIMCS, which both have good history as well as attending experiences. It is a newly established international conference to showcase the scientific achievements and
industrial innovations in the multimedia field. Its mission is to illuminate the state of the art in multimedia computing by bringing together researchers and practitioners in this field. In 2020, ACM Multimedia Asia will
be held in Singapore with an extensive program that includes technical sessions covering all aspects of the multimedia field in forms of oral and poster presentations, tutorials, panels, demonstrations, workshops, doctoral
symposium and grand challenge competitions.
Theme: Engaging Users with Multimedia
- Emotional and social signals
- Multimedia search and recommendations
- Summarization, analysis and storytelling
- Interactions and quality of experiences
- Art and culture
- Multimedia applications
Theme: Multimedia Content Understanding
- Multimodal integration and alignment
- Vision and language
- Resource-efficient multimedia computing on edges
Theme: Multimedia Systems
- Systems and middleware
- Transport and delivery
- Data systems management and indexing
Highlights of ACM Multimedia Asia 2020
- Scientific Diversity: It is among our top priorities to ensure a top-quality conference that covers a full diversity of all fields of multimedia research including a variety of media modalities by addressing both
technological and practical challenges.
- Value: We strive to select the most innovative and the highest-quality research aiming at the most impactful novelty on individual media and/or from a systematic perspective of innovating and integrating multiple
components across modalities.
- Sharing: We value the sharing of not only knowledge (in the form of papers, presentations and demos) but also the code and open-source software. While we will continue the implementation of the ACM Artifact Review
and Badging, best efforts will be made on sharing and preserving the open-source code and systems resulting from the published papers.